Pétur Pétursson form Langárfoss built the house for himself and his family in 1884, it was thought of as one of the greater houses in the area at that time. Around 10 years later Pétur moved to Amerika and sold the house and land to Einar Friðgeirsson.
Reverend Einar, priest at Borg was a very powerful man in Borgarfjörður and Mýrar, and a big businessman. In the years Einar owned the house English fishermen took fishing in the river and mostly accommodated themselves in tents on the East banks of the river, by a fishing place they called Camp Pool. Father Einar had bought the fishing rights of the river and rented it out to foreign fishermen, he changed the house into a fishing lodge for the fishermen. In 1902 he sold the river and the fishing lodge to a nobleman of a famous Scottish family, Oran Campell esq.
Lord Campell used the river for fishing together with his friends until World War I. Information from that time are poor however the numbers were kept over the fish caught each year and later owners of the houses have preserved over 200 photographs from the year 1903 taken by an English photographer called Lamden, one of Campell’s friends.
An English Lady by the name of Mrs Kennard bought the river and the lodge after Campell passed away. Mrs Kennard and her fishing friends came with a ship from England each June. She dwelled in the house herself with her daughters every summer. In the end of July/ beginning of August each year, the fishermen’s groups would switch; the “spring group” would leave for the “fall group” that would take over until September.
Mrs Kennard added the lounge to the house in 1927. She was highly respected by everyone in the area that took to calling the lodge the English houses, Ensku Húsin. In the fall of 1939, World War II marched in and Mrs Kennard had a heating stove set up in the kitchen and made all necessary arrangements for her to be able to stay by the river, in Ensku Húsin, the whole winter and throughout the war.
The British ambassador, however, had her picked up and shipped back to England along with other British, all contrary to her plans. Mrs Kennard never came back to Ensku Húsin and sold the property in 1944 to Geir Zoega, businessman.
Geir had looked after Mrs Kennards fares and business in the wintertime, or when she was not here. He had spent many a summer by the river with his family and was known to the area. Geir fished in the river through the war years and took friendship with the farmers in the area. One of the farmers was Jóhannes Guðmundsson at ‘Anabrekka, a young man at the time.
Jóhannes bought Geir´s fishing rights in the river and the lodge gradually from 1943 to 1967. From 1960 until today’s date Jóhannes and his descendants have run the fishing lodge that until 1998, when it was turned into a guesthouse, served the river.