This text shows the supremacy4 pics 1 word of conjucting the creativity of working in group with the same spirituality betfair software click here of compromising that which is called as an alternative power 4 pics 1 word of freedom and happyness.online casino In case you like our work,icon pop quiz you should adhere what we love to call as beteks, the specific icomania answers 4 pics 1 word word named after logos quiz answers luxury and money.Colormania Answers icon pop quiz answers Guess The Emoji Answers apps
ï»ż enskuhusin.is

enskuhusin.is

enskuhusin.is

 

The Area

The area is the scene of the Saga of the famous Viking Egil Skalla-Grimsson which takes place as early in the 10th century. Egil rose to fame when he, heavily drunk, composed immortal poems at the age of 3. Later, he made his entree in ancient ice hockey by killing his opponent with an axe Ensku HĂșsin, The Old English Fishing Lodge at the river LangĂĄ, is 6 km to the West of the small town of Borgarnes, about one hour drive from ReykjavĂ­k. The river area's beautiful surroundings are well suited for outdoor dwelling, in the summer as well as wintertime. SjĂĄvarfoss, the “sea waterfall” is just by the house and draws the line where the river’s freshwater and the salty waters of the ocean meet. There is only about a 5 minute walk up to Skuggafoss, “the waterfall of shadows”, a little further up in the river and 15 minute walk to KattafossgljĂșfur. Even further up along the river is the waterfall SveĂ°ja and there after Grenjadalur, a vallay with its beautiful land space and a view of BorgarfjörĂ°ur and the MĂœrar. Sights in the vicinity of Ensku HĂșsin and worth paying a visit are for example Reykholt, where one can find amongst other things, Snorrastofa, a research centre for medieval studies and the history of BorgarfjörĂ°ur. HĂșsafell is a place with an interesting history and Deildartunguhver, the largest thermal spring in Iceland. Surtshellir (Surt’s Cave) is one of the deepest caves in Iceland and is situated only about 14 km from HĂșsafell. The waterfalls Hraunfossar and Barnafoss are beautiful and unusual natural phenomena. A large number of travellers make a specific point of visiting these natural treasures. The Hraunfossar Falls are clear, cold springs that well up through the lava and run in falls and rapids into the HvĂ­tĂĄ River. Barnafoss has been evolving through recorded history, as the river has dug itself down through the lava and runs in a deep and narrow ravine.

 

LambalĂŠkur

Á efri hĂŠĂ° er eitt ĂŸriggja manna og tvö tveggja mannaherbergi meĂ° sameiginlegri snyrtingu.

 

The History of the House

PĂ©tur PĂ©tursson form LangĂĄrfoss built the house for himself and his family in 1884, it was thought of as one of the greater houses in the area at that time. Around 10 years later PĂ©tur moved to Amerika and sold the house and land to Einar FriĂ°geirsson. Reverend Einar, priest at Borg was a very powerful man in BorgarfjörĂ°ur and MĂœrar, and a big businessman. In the years Einar owned the house English fishermen took fishing in the river and mostly accommodated themselves in tents on the East banks of the river, by a fishing place they called Camp Pool.  Father Einar had bought the fishing rights of the river and rented it out to foreign fishermen, he changed the house into a fishing lodge for the fishermen. In 1902 he sold the river and the fishing lodge to a nobleman of a famous Scottish family, Oran Campell esq. Lord Campell used the river for fishing together with his friends until World War I. Information from that time are poor however the numbers were kept over the fish caught each year and later owners of the houses have preserved over 200 photographs from the year 1903 taken by an English photographer called Lamden, one of Campell’s friends.   An English Lady by the name of Mrs Kennard bought the river and the lodge after Campell passed away. Mrs Kennard and her fishing friends came with a ship from England each June. She dwelled in the house herself with her daughters every summer. In the end of July/ beginning of August each year, the fishermen’s groups would switch; the “spring group” would leave for the “fall group” that would take over until September.    Mrs Kennard added the lounge to the house in 1927. She was highly respected by everyone in the area that took to calling the lodge the English houses, Ensku HĂșsin. In the fall of 1939, World War II marched in and Mrs Kennard had a heating stove set up in the kitchen and made all necessary arrangements for her to be able to stay by the river, in Ensku HĂșsin, the whole winter and throughout the war.The British ambassador, however, had her picked up and shipped back to England along with other British, all contrary to her plans. Mrs Kennard never came back to Ensku HĂșsin and sold the property in 1944 to Geir Zoega, businessman. Geir had looked after Mrs Kennards fares and business in the wintertime, or when she was not here. He had spent many a summer by the river with his family and was known to the area. Geir fished in the river through the war years and took friendship with the farmers in the area. One of the farmers was JĂłhannes GuĂ°mundsson at ‘Anabrekka, a young man at the time. JĂłhannes bought GeirÂŽs fishing rights in the river and the lodge gradually from 1943 to 1967. From 1960 until today’s date JĂłhannes and his descendants have run the fishing lodge that until 1998, when it was turned into a guesthouse, served the river.  

The Old Fishing Lodge

Ensku HĂșsin by LangĂĄ is one of the oldest former fishing lodges in Iceland and was used only by fishermen in the summer, from 1884 until the year of 1998 when it was turned into a guesthouse by RagnheiĂ°ur JĂłhannesdĂłttir, StefĂĄn Ólafsson and their family. Apart from being a guesthouse, Ensku HĂșsin, translated the English houses, is an excellent venue for celebrations such as weddings and birthdays but can also be rented out for smaller conferences. Guests and groups are able to choose service from simple accommodation to full service/hotel style accommodation with breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The old fishing lodge has been remodelled and reconstructed through the years with the aim of restoring it in its original style. During the reconstruction special attention was paid to the history of the house. Tradition, cosiness and the fact that the lodge is run as a small family business are the things we want our guests to notice. The fishing lodge used to be the fisherman's home and during his fishing time he should feel comfortable. The same is now our goal for our guests.

In the oldest part of the house there is a dining room, fly-tying corner, as well as the kitchen and storage rooms. On the second floor 3 bedrooms for 2 can be found with shared bathroom facilities. The lounge has been added to the oldest part and forms the West wing of the house whereas the East wing holds the main sleeping area of the house with 8 bedrooms for 2 persons, both with private and shared bathroom facilities.

If your goal is to unwind and relax, then sitting by the fireplace in the lounge, sipping on Icelandic BrennivĂ­n or a good cup of coffee, is a good way to start.

Dinner is prepared in the evening and is set up with a 2-3 course menu that is served that same evening, the meals are served at a long dining table in the dining room where guests enjoy their dinner together in an inviting and warm atmosphere.

ÞĂș ert hĂ©r: